Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another full day of sewing

I was busy sewing today, like really busy! But, I loved every second of it.

Today I played around with snap placement and when they should applied. In the end I like them all visible because they just snap better that way.

Then I played around with the elastic. I tried tacking it in before hand. Nope, didn't work. Then sewing it totally in before turning and top stitching. Nope, too much of a hassle getting things pinned together to sew the different layers together.

So in the end I think the casing method is the easiest, but I need to get it to look more professional.

Tomorrow is another day, and I have so much more fabric to play around with while I get everything just right.

Oh and I washed the first three...and they didn't fall apart!

Here are pictures of 2 and 3 and also 1 on Zakary...until tomorrow!

Number 2 - Sushi (notice Missing snaps on the wings, I decided to apply them onto their prospective layer for this one, I don't like it so they will all be visible as in #1 and #3)

Zakary modeling #1 Snapped down for a lower rise

# 3 - Cars, Planes, Trains and Boats (This one has the elastic sewn into the fabric instead of the casing method. I kind of like it but I have some Lastin on its way and think it may work better with that than the normal elastic.)

Oh and I learned about the 3 step zig zag today while I did the elastic on #3. Great thing to know about since it make sewing stretchy stuff like elastic easier.

By the way, I really want to name my fabrics but that can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment