Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Celebration Pizza

So, I decided to celebrate today with a little homemade pizza!  I <3 bbq chicken pizza soooo much. So, I made some!

I took out my trusty bread maker to make the dough because lets face it. I hate making bread dough.  It is a pain and they made bread makers for a reason.  I have never used this recipe before and man oh man, I will never use another.  I got it off allrecipes.com and the only thing I changed was using half whole wheat flour and half regular flour.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup flat beer
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast

Directions

  1. Put beer, butter, sugar, salt, flour, and yeast in a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting, and press Start.
  2. Remove dough from bread machine when cycle is complete. Roll or press dough to cover a prepared pizza pan. Brush lightly with olive oil. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
  3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  4. Spread sauce and toppings on top of dough. Bake until crust is lightly brown and crispy on the outside, about 24 minutes.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bread-machine-pizza-dough/detail.aspx

Now, I let the all mighty and powerful bread maker do its bit and then I got my toppings together.  I baked some bacon, I shredded some mozzarella cheese, chopped up some onion and chicken lunch meat and when it was time to get out the bbq sauce I realized....I had none. :( So, I made some :)

Again, went to trusty allrecipes.com and found this wonderful, I will never ever buy bbq sauce again, bbq sauce recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/nanas-barbeque-sauce/detail.aspx


  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 pinch celery salt
  • 1 pinch mustard powder


When my dough was done, ummm, dough-ing, I rolled it out onto my pan and slathered it with olive oil, baked on 400 for about 8 minutes.

Now, I just topped it with tons of cheese and then everything else.

Photobucket

And, baked for another 15 minutes or so until it was all tasty looking.

Photobucket

O.my.goodness!  It was wonderful.  Enjoy, I sure did!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment