Thursday, September 8, 2011

What I've been working on

So it's been a few days, maybe weeks, but who's counting.  I've been sewing like never before.  Have gotten so good, even I think some of these diapers were store bought and mass produced in China. That may sound a little full of myself, maybe it is, but I think so far I am doing just awesome.

I do a diaper sometimes 2 at night. I have come across a few awesome patterns and a few that well, SUCK. It makes me crazy sad when they suck because fabric isn't cheap, especially not the kinds I use, bamboo velour and hemp fleece mostly.

I am about to receive a product called zorb from a co-op I recently participated in. I am super excited about it.  Hopefully it will be here later this week because I am almost out of hemp.

Anywho, you didn't come here to read, you came here to see my beauties!

This is a pul cover.  I like the pattern but need to tweak it a bit.  Another thing I learned with this one (my first cover) is that NO dark thread on white fold over elastic.  Oh and I learned that I love fold over elastic minus the turns
Photobucket

Love this print but used crappy Joann fleece on the inside and it pilled badly when washed *sigh*
Photobucket

Another pul cover...LOVE this print!
Photobucket

A different fitted pattern but I am in love minus the fact that it is a 2 size system.  One for 6-18lbs and the next from 15-35? lbs.
Photobucket

Another GREAT aspect is the fold over rise.  I love this part of Goodmama's and am glad I found something similar but I would love for it to have longer wings like the other fitted pattern I use.
Photobucket


And the snaps on the outside.
Photobucket


And the inside. I love the shape of the soaker pad.  Like LOVE!
Photobucket


And my newest beauty!  This is the absolute B-E-S-T diaper I have ever sewn.
Photobucket

I think I will be submitting the orange one to very baby to become a certified seamstress.  I am kinda excited about that!

I have tons more fabric sitting around to create new beauties.  With the weather here lately, its the only thing to do.


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment